Skip to main content

The 15 Best Real-Life Engagement Stories

Sure, chances are you’ll roll your eyes on the considered a bunch of girls gushing over a chum’s sparkly new engagement ring, however admit it: proposals are romantic and thrilling and from time to time even lovely hilarious to listen to about, even for essentially the most cynical at center. The proposer regularly finally ends up getting fearful and sweaty (even though she or he is 99 p.c certain their spouse will say sure), the proposee regularly cries or laughs maniacally or does one thing else similarly emotional and comprehensible, given the gravity of this type of #lifemoment.

Getty Images

One of my private favourite voyeuristic strategies of having my lovely proposal–tale repair is the Instagram feed of NYC-based customized bridal boutique Stone Fox Bride. In addition to upscale boho robes and glimpses into proprietor Molly Guy‘s life (complete with adorable daughters and husband), Stone Fox Bride regularly posts photos of clients’ engagement rings and the proposal tales that compliment them. Below, ogle and gush over a few of our favorites.

“They were watching ‘Saturday Night Live’ in the dark, on a ski trip in Virginia. She looked down and there he was on one knee. ‘Will you marry me?’ he asked. She said ‘yes!’ Then he turned on the light and she saw the ring for the first time. ‘FUCK YES!!’ she screamed.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“I wanted to make him vegan zucchini-noodle pad Thai with quinoa after we went for a run. He was being stubborn and evasive about making the quinoa before I got home from work. A mile into our run, he faked a cramp and I was trying not to laugh at him when he dropped to one knee. He proposed exactly in between the two apartments we’ve shared together. We’ve been together for almost eight years, and I couldn’t believe it was happening. The hammered rose-gold band is my favorite part.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“On NYE after a yoga class that began at 10pm and ended at the stroke of midnight 2017, he dropped to one knee and said ‘I’ve waited long enough and can’t go another second without knowing that you’ll be my wife.'”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“He proposed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the Egyptian Wing.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“She dropped and cracked her phone on the way to the dentist for a scheduled filling. Numb mouth and all, he still insisted on meeting at Grand Central for a day at the Met. On their walk, he pointed out a bird pooped on her shoulder. She finally wanted to call it a day but he made her check out one more room, which ended up housing an antique jewelry exhibit. Pleased, she turned around to find him on one knee. She had to use his phone to call everyone.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“My boyfriend of three years took me out on his grandpa’s farm with the metal detector he got me for Christmas and had me detect the ring box he hid for me. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him amidst our discovery. Then we went to Costco for champagne.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“Walking through Central Park, she accidentally knocked it out of his hands right before he was about to ask—they both got down on their hands and knees looking for it in the leaves.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“My boyfriend proposed to me in our flat in London at midnight after I’d been out for dinner—I ruined his plans as usual, eek. Then he told me to pack my suitcase as we were leaving for NYC in five hours, where we celebrated for five amazing days.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“He asked in a grove of pixie tangerines in Ojai, California. I said, ‘yes,’ and then ‘holy shit!’ and got down on my knees in the dirt with him.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“They were walking through the West Village late at night. At 11:11 he said, ‘Make a wish.’ When she opened her eyes he was down on one knee.”

Photo: @stonefoxbride

“He asked our youngest child and I if we wanted to go on a walk taking the scenic route. We ended up near the pond where he expressed his love and appreciation for me and asked me to be his wife.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“We met while he was organizing tours for Americans to Cuba. Since the first moment we saw each other, we couldn’t stop smiling. It was purely electric. Despite charged relations between our two countries, a nearly non-existent telecommunications system in Cuba, and a heavy Cold War history, we still managed to talk everyday for months, sharing the small details of our lives as our love began to grow. After months of long distance, I flew to Havana to be with him. On a particularly hot night, while dancing to reggaeton in one of Havana’s old-mansions-turned-discos, I asked him to marry me. The night continued and we joked about my rum-fueled proposal the next day. A few weeks later, he took me to a beautiful restaurant in a quiet moon-lit enclave, by the sea. He held my hand and asked if I would like to spend the rest of my life with him. Crying, smiling, laughing, I screamed, ‘Yes.'”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“We are currently in Tulum, our second trip here. He said he wanted to propose on our bungalow patio, but I had refused to sit outside because of mosquitos. So he did it while we were in bed, as I was getting frustrated that the Netflix wouldn’t work on the hotel WiFi. He designed the ring himself.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“Although we’re both from Michigan and both attended MSU, our paths never crossed until one Memorial Day weekend in Montauk. Love at first sight. We were both living in Manhattan and started dating right away. Two years later, he rented a 1961 classic Cadillac to bring me to a beautiful lake near our home town in Michigan, got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of our lives together.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

“Surprised me in a photo booth. The whole thing was captured, frame by frame.”

Photo: instagram / @stonefoxbride

Next slideshow begins in 10s

The Sofia Richie Guide to Style

The Sofia Richie Guide to Style
Advertising Here
Source: The 15 Best Real-Life Engagement Stories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Some Women Are Choosing to Masturbate During Childbirth (Really)

Angela Gallo, a doula and start photographer from Australia, isn’t a shy girl. According to Popsugar , all over her 2nd start, she determined to check out to ease the ache of childbirth via doing one thing… sudden. What does that imply, precisely? Well, moderately merely, Gallo masturbated all over her contractions. And she’s glad to discuss her enjoy in hopes of inspiring and empowering different laboring girls to, um, take issues into their very own fingers. Angela, I salute you (super-shyly) for being so frank about your enjoy. To every her personal with regards to hard work, I say. No judgment, by any means. But whilst I might by no means pass judgement on any other girl for a way she chooses to means an excessively non-public, very painful factor like giving start to any other human being, I can say that Gallo’s means almost definitely would not be for me. I might very most likely have slugged my ladies’ dad had he introduced to get frisky all over my contractions. I am simp

‘I Tried Masturbating While My Partner Watched—Here’s What Happened’

We have been seeing each and every different (and snoozing in combination) for a couple of months when he first requested me how I preferred to the touch myself when I used to be on my own. “I don’t really do that when I’m with someone,” used to be how I answered. It’s now not that I do not like self-love, however making time for that once I am additionally having intercourse with someone else is simply too a lot for me! I used to be roughly hoping that will shut the topic, however Jack pressed on, asking me the place my favourite position to masturbate is, or even what ways I exploit. Apparently listening to all of the main points used to be a large turn-on for him. Watch women and men spill the truthful fact about precisely what they take into consideration masturbation: And I needed to admit that it used to be refreshing courting a person who sought after to peer me sexually happy—without or with him. Still, I hesitated ahead of telling him concerning the little silver bullet vi

Fitness Equipment Review: BodyMAX CF380 Total Smiths Multi Gym

It’s no secret that many of us need to exercise more. Despite the urging of medical practitioners and fitness authorities, though, we’re all too able to find excuses not to begin or adhere to a fitness programme. The expense discourages many of us as well, as does the time spent travelling to and from a gym or health club. Well, what if there was an affordable way to get and stay fit? What if it could be used in the privacy of your home, whenever you wish? Read on to learn about a terrific piece of fitness equipment from BodyMAX: the CF380 multi gym. Fitness Equipment : Key Features of the BodyMAX CF380 Total Smiths Multi Gym For a little over £524.00, you’ll get a machine that comprises a total fitness system, and delivers a safe and effective workout of all major muscle groups. The CF380 combines the functionality of the following types of fitness equipment: lat pull-down, low pulley, pec deck, adjustable weight supports, and spotter bars for squatting. The CF380 can be used with 2